YOU MUST BE PRE-APPROVED FOR THIS COURSE TO REGISTER. PLEASE CONTACT THE PALS PROGRAM STAFF PRIOR TO REGISTERING.
Designed to aid the already practicing pediatric healthcare provider in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently and effectively teach the management of critically ill infants and children, resulting in improved outcomes.
For pediatricians, emergency physicians, family physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, paramedics, respiratory therapists, and other healthcare providers who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies. Course description provided by American Heart Association®
Ideal Instructor Candidates should be motivated to:
- facilitate learning
- ensure that students acquire the skills needed for successful course completion
- view student assessment as a way to improve individual knowledge and skills
- Current PALS Provider Manual and completed pre-test
- Current PALS Instructor Manual
- Certificate of completion of On-Line PALS Instructor Essentials (information on accessing this pre-course work will be emailed to you after registration.)
For questions, please contact us at 202-476-3199. The pretest can be found by following this link www.heart.org/eccstudent and entering the code palsprovider.
Please remember to print your results and bring them with you to class.
- Current valid Healthcare Provider CPR card
- PALS Provider card
- Completed pre-course exam
- Completion certificate from the PALS Instructor Essentials On-line course